You have more options to offer your client and win more work
- A whole system solution for up to five functions to improve indoor air quality:
- Cooling – refrigerant or chilled water
- Fresh air ventilation up to 100%
- NASA standard air purification
- Humidity control.
- Suitable for residential, commercial, industrial, medical and laboratory applications – new build and retrofit. Ideal for listed buildings and tricky applications where traditional systems may prove difficult.
- You can offer an easier retrofit by installing area by area to ensure continued use of the building. You also need to make fewer structural changes as mini ducts are easily pulled through walls, floors and ceilings.
- Multiple power source options: The system can be paired with any sustainable or energy efficient power source including heat pumps, solar panels, biomass boilers and gas boilers. You can use a dual energy heat source to gain the best efficiencies (DX and LPHW).
- Multiple controls options: The system is compatible with the newest intelligent energy conscious controls, including Google’s NEST Learning Thermostat (US version) and Ecobee, as well as standard energy efficient controls.
You STOP air conditioning draughts, hot and cold spots and uneven temperatures
- You end the complaints about uncomfortable air conditioning draughts, especially those from female occupants, caused by men and women feeling temperature differently. Occupants feel more comfortable at higher temperatures when using the system in cooling mode: The system removes more moisture from the air compared with ordinary cooling systems, which means comfort levels can be achieved at higher temperatures in cooling mode.
- You save your own time and costs as call backs and complaints about draughts, hot and cold spots and uneven temperatures are unlikely.
You maintain the aesthetics
- Ductwork terminates in unobtrusive air outlets or linear grilles. These are positioned discreetly in ‘out of traffic’ areas in walls, ceilings and floors and blend beautifully into the interior design.
- This can also solve the problem of how to air condition listed buildings.
Your job is easier during the installation phase
- Fewer components simplify the process, reduces material costs and installation times, and helps keep to build schedules.
- Installation can be timetabled area by area to ensure continued use of the building.
- User friendly and simple design gives you greater flexibility. You can site the modular Air Handling Unit (AHU) in a choice of locations, orientations and combinations. You can hide it in the roof space, basement, machine room, cupboards or ceilings – away from working or secure and sensitive areas.
- The induction air delivery method gives you more freedom to position the air outlets – vertical (from ceiling or floor) or horizontal air distribution
- Straightforward plug and play fittings and pre-cut, known resistance assembled flex lengths of patented small duct all make installation easier.
- A choice of ductwork shapes and sizes allow you to avoid obstacles without affecting air delivery rates. Flexible, smaller sized ducting fits into areas too restrictive for standard ducting. You are not required to drop down ductwork in size as the ductwork plenum is equally pressurised throughout.
Your client saves energy and reduces running costs
- In heating mode: The natural de-stratification action reclaims heat that is normally lost at ceiling level and brings it back down to where it is needed. This keeps your client comfortable whilst reducing the running time of the heat source.
- In cooling mode: Your client feels comfortable at higher temperatures. The system removes more moisture from the air compared with traditional cooling systems, reducing the relative humidity. This means the condensing unit can run for less time and reduces running costs. Your client will also appreciate that you have finally solved the office argument between men and women over the comfort cooling.
You dramatically improve indoor air quality and can improve the occupant’s health
- The NASA standard air purification module removes disease causing micro-organisms, allergens and pollutant gases, such as Nitrous Oxide (NOx), Carbon Monoxide and other harmful volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
- Commercial clients can improve workforce productivity by providing a comfortable working environment, reducing workplace illness and sick days.
- Healthcare facilities can reduce the transmission of airborne infection and the spread of diseases.
- Homeowners can reduce symptoms of indoor allergies and poor respiratory health including asthma, hay fever, emphysema and chronic bronchitis.
- Air purification also eliminates build-up of mould and dirt on evaporator cooling coils and heat exchanger surfaces. A cleaner system is a more efficient system.
You deliver greater sustainability
- You achieve a lower carbon installation footprint: One Ingenious Air Small Duct System can replace up to eight fan coils – which reduces quantity, time and cost of:
- Chilled water and refrigerant pipework
- Fresh air supply ducting and grilles
- Condensate removal plumbing
- Electrical connections to the fan coils
- Ongoing maintenance requirements.
- Fewer components also mean fewer things go wrong!
- You can add Heat Recovery Ventilation (HRV) to further save energy.
- You are using a green manufacturer – recycled materials are used in the small duct fittings.
- You have chosen energy-efficiency – the first small duct system to achieve the US Environmental Protection Agency’s Energy Star accreditation.
You save time usually lost waiting for maintenance access
- The AHU is the main component that requires maintenance, with one AHU replacing up to eight fan coils. This reduces the amount of maintenance required so carrying it out is easier.
- You can work with fewer restrictions as all serviceable parts except the thermostat are installed outside of the occupied areas. The AHU can be hidden in the roof space, basement, machine room, cupboards or ceilings – away from working or secure and sensitive areas. More works can be completed during normal working hours. Providing easier access for maintenance may help you win the project and provide a regular revenue stream.
You can complete maintenance more quickly
- Maintenance is straightforward, with common parts across all models. Fewer components and pipework reduces maintenance required and reduces risk of leaks, corrosion, scale blockages and creaking pipes as there is less water and refrigerant pipe work.
- The air purification module keeps coils and ducting cleaner and improves long term efficiency. There are fewer filters to clean than traditional systems. Dust build up in the ductwork is eliminated because the plenum is pressurised.
You can earn extra income years after the initial installation
- The system is easily upgradable and your client can ask you for additional modules, such as air purification, as a retrofit. There is more scope for ongoing works resulting from upgrades compared with a traditional system.
You build in adaptability
- You can make future changes to Category A and B projects more quickly. If you need to move an air outlet that is installed in a ceiling tile, you can simply swap the tile with another. You can easily change air outlet positions in a solid wall, floor or ceiling, without the hassle of repositioning fan coil units or moving a diffuser, grille or cassette. You can also simply add louvered inserts to the outlet and change the air direction.
You give your clients longevity and security
- You only have to replace the AHU cooling coil, not the whole unit, if another refrigerant gas is phased out, as has happened with R22. (There are questions over the long term use of R410A, with R32 being the favoured replacement).
- Easy refurbishment increases system lifespan up to 25 years. Only the AHU components may require a future upgrade and are easily removed. The rest of the system is fit and forget: ductwork and mini-ducts do not need to be altered. This has financial and carbon foot print savings.