You have increased options to offer your client and help win more work
- A whole system solution for up to five functions to improve indoor air quality:
- Cooling – refrigerant or chilled water
- Fresh air ventilation up to 100%
- NASA standard air purification
- Humidity control.
- Suitable for residential, commercial, industrial, medical and laboratory applications – new build and retrofit. Ideal for listed buildings and tricky applications where traditional systems may prove difficult.
- Multiple power source options: The system can be paired with any sustainable or energy efficient power source including heat pumps, solar panels, biomass boilers and gas boilers. You can use a dual energy heat source to gain the best efficiencies (DX and LPHW).
- Multiple controls options: The system is compatible with the newest intelligent energy conscious controls, including Google’s NEST Learning Thermostat (US version) and Ecobee, as well as standard energy efficient controls.
You STOP air conditioning draughts, hot and cold spots and uneven temperatures
- De-stratification improves temperature delivery. The air movement pattern (imperceptible to human skin) creates the perfect indoor climate, whatever your application. Temperatures are virtually draught-free and practically even, within 10C of the thermostat.
- You end the complaints about uncomfortable air conditioning draughts, especially those from female occupants, caused by men and women feeling temperature differently. Occupants feel more comfortable at higher temperatures when using the system in cooling mode: The system removes more moisture from the air compared with ordinary cooling systems, which means comfort levels can be achieved at higher temperatures in cooling mode.
- You save time and costs as call backs and complaints about draughts, hot and cold spots and uneven temperatures are unlikely.
Your client saves energy and reduces running costs
- In heating mode: The natural de-stratification action reclaims heat that is normally lost at ceiling level and brings it back down to where it is needed. This keeps your client comfortable whilst reducing the running time of the heat source.
- In cooling mode: Your client feels comfortable at higher temperatures. The system removes more moisture from the air compared with traditional cooling systems, reducing the relative humidity. This means the condensing unit can run for less time and reduces running costs. Your client will also appreciate that you have finally solved the office argument between men and women over the comfort cooling.
- Adding the NASA standard air purification module increases energy savings. This can reduce the fresh air requirement, meaning there is then less/no need to pre-heat or cool in-coming air. The improved indoor air quality enhances building overall performance.
You dramatically improve indoor air quality and can improve the occupant’s health
- The NASA standard air purification module removes disease causing micro-organisms, allergens and pollutant gases, such as Nitrous Oxide (NOx), Carbon Monoxide and other harmful volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
- Commercial clients can improve workforce productivity by providing a comfortable working environment, reducing workplace illness and sick days.
- Healthcare facilities can reduce the transmission of airborne infection and the spread of diseases.
- Homeowners can reduce symptoms of indoor allergies and poor respiratory health including asthma, hay fever, emphysema and chronic bronchitis.
- Air purification also eliminates build-up of mould and dirt on evaporator cooling coils and heat exchanger surfaces. A cleaner system is a more efficient system.
You maintain the aesthetics
- Ductwork terminates in unobtrusive air outlets or linear grilles. These are positioned discreetly in ‘out of traffic’ areas in walls, ceilings and floors and blend beautifully into the interior design.
- This can also solve the problem of how to air condition listed buildings.
Simple design gives you greater flexibility
- Smaller sized ductwork makes design easier. You can fit ductwork into smaller spaces on trickier jobs as the ductwork is smaller than ordinary systems. A choice of ductwork shapes and sizes helps you work around obstacles, without affecting air delivery rates. You are not required to drop down ductwork in size as the ductwork plenum is pressurised throughout.
- The induction method of air delivery allows flexible air outlet positioning – vertical (from ceiling or floor) or horizontal air distribution.
- You can site the modular Air Handling Unit (AHU) in a choice of locations, orientations and combinations. You can hide it in the roof space, basement, machine room, cupboards or ceilings – away from working or secure and sensitive areas.
You deliver greater sustainability
- You achieve a lower carbon installation footprint: One system can replace up to eight fan coils – which reduces quantity, time and cost of:
- Chilled water and refrigerant pipework
- Fresh air supply ducting and grilles
- Condensate removal plumbing
- Electrical connections to the fan coils
- Ongoing maintenance requirements.
- You can add Heat Recovery Ventilation (HRV) to further save energy.
- You are using a green manufacturer – recycled materials are used in the small duct fittings.
- You have chosen energy-efficiency – the first small duct system to achieve the US Environmental Protection Agency’s Energy Star accreditation.
You simplify the installation process
- Reduced installation times help keep to build schedules. Fewer components simplify the process.
- Installation can be timetabled area by area to ensure continued use of the building.
- A choice of ductwork shapes and sizes allow you to avoid obstacles without affecting air delivery rates.
- Flexible, smaller sized ducting fits into areas too restrictive for standard ducting.
You reduce the time and money your clients spend on ongoing maintenance
- Fewer components mean less to maintain and lower costs.
- Clever design reduces disruption as the system can be located in convenient places away from occupied areas. All serviceable parts except for the thermostat can be installed outside of working or occupied areas such as hotel bedrooms. Your client does not have to vacate the bedrooms during maintenance programmes, which saves them time and money and may win you the order. In addition, more works can be completed during normal working hours.
You build in adaptability and can upsell years after the initial installation.
- The system is easily upgradable and your client can request additional modules, such as air purification, as a retrofit. There is more scope for ongoing works resulting from upgrades compared with a traditional system.
- You can make future changes to Cat A & B projects more quickly as it is easy to:
- Add louvered inserts to the outlet and change the air direction if the occupant alters room layout.
- Change the air outlet positions without the cost of repositioning fan coil units.
- Change the colour and composition of the air outlets to match new décor.
You give your clients longevity and security
- Easy refurbishment increases system lifespan up to 25 years. Any AHU components that require upgrading in the future are easily removed. The rest of the system is fit and forget: ductwork and mini-ducts do not need to be altered. This has financial and carbon foot print savings.
- Only the AHU cooling coil, not the whole unit, would be replaced if R410A is phased out. The rest of the system is ‘fit and forget’ as ductwork and mini-ducts do not need to be altered. This helps future proof your client against costs similar to those caused by the R22 phase out (R32 is currently favoured as replacement).