Each Ingenious Air Small Duct System provides individual time and temperature control for up to eight rooms. This has several benefits:
- Reduced carbon footprint: one system replaces up to eight fan coils.
- Reduced energy bills: zoning keeps fan motor use to a minimum as the system only heats or cools the areas that are in use.
- Scope for temperature differential in one zone: the system can achieve up to 4˚C difference between adjoining rooms on the same system.
- Option to add a separate system if higher temperature differentials are needed: for example, one system for warmer south facing rooms and a second system for cooler north facing rooms. This still gives a significant carbon footprint saving compared with individual fan coils.
Good thermostatic zone control can:
- Make the indoor environment more comfortable
- Extend the life of the system
- Monitor the health of the system
- Provide precise diagnostics
- Reduce energy costs
- Increase productivity
The Ingenious Air Small Duct System works with a range of controls, including:
The system requires a 24v rather than the UK’s standard 12v thermostat. This is because it is manufactured in Canada and provides multiple services (heating, cooling, air purification).
Read more about the technical aspects of time & temperature control.