The air purification module is a complete, optional module, which significantly improves indoor air quality. It is also known as the High Efficiency Purification System or HEPS module. Air purification can be added to your Ingenious Air Small Duct System during installation or retrospectively.
High specification air purification:
- Neutralises all three types of serious indoor air pollutant, which can lead to short and long-term ill-health.
- Airborne bacteria and viruses (0.001 microns) that cause infectious illnesses. These include influenza, colds, tuberculosis, chickenpox and c.difficile.
- Airborne particulates that cause allergies. These include pollen, fungal spores, dust mites, pet dander and tobacco smoke.
- Airborne toxic volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that can cause short and long-term ill-health. These include nitrous oxide, carbon monoxide, fumes and unpleasant odours from paint solvents, car exhausts, pesticides, cleaning fluids and alcohol.
- Reduces the need for medication by preventing ill health, rather than treating the symptoms. For this reason, NASA has used the same, powerful technology to protect astronauts from becoming unwell in the space station.
- Reduces costs by combining three powerful technologies into one product. The system costs only a few pence per day to operate full time, 24 hours per day.
- Enhances overall performance of the building and can help eradicate Sick Building Syndrome.
- Banishes unpleasant smells.
- Increases energy efficiency:
- Can reduce the fresh air requirement, meaning there can be reduced requirement to bring in outside air. Less energy is used heating that in-coming air.
- Eliminates build-up of mould and dirt on evaporator cooling coils and heat exchanger surfaces. A cleaner system is a more efficient system. This also reduces maintenance requirements.
- Enhances building overall performance through improved indoor air quality.
- Easy maintenance means the HEPS always operates at maximum efficiency.